Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Same sex marriage -- a jazz musician's comment

Last Monday my old buddy Charlie took me and my twin boys
to the Jazz Standard, a wonderful club in Manhattan that features
fine barbecue and great music. The band that evening, the nine piece
Millennium Territory Orchestra, featured an exuberant, often humorous
collision between traditional tunes (including ones from the 1920s)
and avant guarde jazz blowing. Steven Bernstein, trumpet and leader
of the ensemble, peppered the audience with wry quips, some of them fairly
political. Pointing to a musician holding his soprano sax high in the air,
he noted, "Now there's a weapon of mass destruction!"

As I visited the JamBase website today, I
read another of Bernstein's comments from a previous concert. It's the
funniest thing I've heard about the raging debate about sex marriage:

"Aren’t all marriages same sex? Isn't that why you get married,
because you want the same sex?"

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:31 PM

    aredenept, clomid online ruildigerlike, [url=http://www.webjam.com/clomidonline]buy clomid[/url] Elitflielat
    23

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:45 PM

    Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:55 PM

    Easily I agree but I dream the collection should secure more info then it has.

    ReplyDelete